Charter is a serif typeface designed by Matthew Carter in 1987 for Bitstream Inc. It is also known as Bitstream Charter. Charter based on Pierre-Simon Fournier’s characters, originating from the 18th century. Charter was originally optimized for printing on the low-resolution 300 dpi laser printers of the 1980s and remains suitable for printing on both modern high-resolution laser printers and inexpensive lower resolution inkjet printers due to its strong, legible design.
For its popularity, a pro version of Charter was released in 2004, with an expanded character set including additional symbols, ranging figures (old-style) and small capitals. Premiéra, Brando, FF Milo Serif, and many more fonts are mostly similar to Charter font. This is a freeware font. Free download is available on our website. To download free, scroll down to our download font section.
As the font has a eye-catchy typeface, it is good for almost every section you need.
- Designing Work: Charter font is compatible with every type of designing work. This font is also usable for cards, leaflets, newspapers (online/offline), presentations, webpages, blogs, book covers, social media posts, advertisements, product designs, posters, and many more.
- Headline: For the Headlines and Text, Charter font is very good to use. You can utilize its couple of formats according to requirements.
- Official work or Documentation: The font has the look to use in the official work and documentation.
- Logos: You can design your logos with it.
- Websites: I have seen various websites use this font.
Charter Font View
Charter is totally a free font for personal and commercial use. No license, sign up or registration is required.
|File Format||OTF, TTF|
|Font Licence||Free For Commercial Use.|
Charter Font Free Download
If you are looking for the free version of Charter here it is. The download link is ready. Click the download link below and you will get the font immediately at no cost.
Similar Name Font
- Charter D.
- Charter Stamp One.
- Charter Stamp Two.
- ITC Charter.
Similar to Charter Font
- FF Milo Serif.
Albanian, Alsatian, Aragonese, Arapaho, Aromanian, Arrernte, Asturian, Aymara, Basque, Bislama, Bosnian, Breton, Cebuano, Chamorro, Cheyenne, Cimbrian, Corsican, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Faroese, Fijian, Finnish, French, French Creole (Saint Lucia), Frisian, Friulian, Galician, Genoese, German, Gilbertese (Kiribati), Greenlandic, Haitian Creole, Hawaiian, Hiligaynon, Hmong, Hopi, Hungarian, Ibanag, Icelandic, Iloko (Ilokano), Indonesian, Interglossa (Glosa), Interlingua, Irish (Gaelic), Istro-Romanian, Italian, Jèrriais, Kashubian, Kurdish (Kurmanji), Ladin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Lojban, Lombard, Low Saxon, Luxembourgian, Malagasy, Manx, Maori, Megleno-Romanian, Mohawk, Nahuatl, Norfolk/Pitcairnese, Northern Sotho (Pedi), Norwegian, Occitan, Oromo, Pangasinan, Papiamento, Piedmontese, Polish, Portuguese, Potawatomi, Rhaeto-Romance, Romanian, Romansh (Rumantsch), Rotokas, Sami (Lule), Samoan, Sardinian (Sardu), Scots (Gaelic), Seychellois Creole (Seselwa), Shona, Sicilian, Slovak, Slovenian (Slovene), Somali, Southern Ndebele, Southern Sotho (Sesotho), Spanish, Swahili, Swati/Swazi, Swedish, Tagalog (Filipino/Pilipino), Tahitian, Tausug, Tetum (Tetun), Tok Pisin, Tongan (Faka-Tonga), Tswana, Turkmen, Turkmen (Latinized), Tuvaluan, Uyghur (Latinized), Veps, Volapük, Votic (Latinized), Walloon, Warlpiri, Xhosa, Yapese, Zulu.
- What type of font is Charter Font?
Ans: Charter is a serif typeface designed by Matthew Carter in 1987.
- Is Charter Font safe to download and use in My PC and MAC?
Ans: Yes, It is 100% safe to download for both PC and MAC.
- Is there any font similar to Charter Font in Google Fonts?
Ans: Abril Fatface is the most similar Google font to the Charter.
- Is it OK to use this on an online platform?
Ans: Yes, you can use the Charter Font on the online platform.
- How to install Charter Font in Computer?
Ans: Check PC or Mac instructions link to install Charter Font on your computer.