The New York font is a transitional serif typeface designed by American graphic designer and artist Susan Kare. The designer is well-known for her contributions to interface elements and typeface work at Apple. In 1983, she designed the visual core language for the first Macintosh computer.
Her iconography was first exhibited at the MoMA in 2015. This font introduced an exciting new era for Apple’s typefaces. Regarding the font, the developers say, “This all-new, Apple-designed serif typeface is based on essential aspects of historical typestyles.”
A few years later, famous typeface designers Kris Holmes and Charles Bigelow went back to this font and changed the characters and letters to make it even better.
In 2019, Apple again came up with another serif font called: New York. That brand-new font has no connection with the old New York font.
The New York font includes OpenType features for lining and text figures in proportional and tabular widths. From June 2019, The New York font is Available in six weights and four optical sizes. It has 266 glyphs and 2048 units per EM.
This font is horizontal but offers no kerning and fixed width. However, this font is scalable. This font’s underline position and thickness are -144 and 124—additionally, Unicode blocks: Basic Latin, Latin-1 Supplement.
New York font is an excellent choice if you’re working on a project that requires a font that’s both contemporary and legible. It is ideal for use in the development and application of software. This font is available in a variety of weights and styles, making it suitable for a wide range of applications. With its polished and professional appearance, the new York font can be used for either headings or body text, depending on your needs.
Like a few serif fonts, the New York font is also license-free that has elaborated its importance. You can make use of this serif font anywhere and everywhere you want.
|Name||New York Font|
|File Format||OTF, TTF|
|License Information||Free for personal use|
- New York Extra Large Regular
- New York Extra Large Regular Italic
- New York Extra Large Medium
- New York Extra Large Medium Italic
- New York Extra Large Bold
- New York Extra Large Semibold
- New York Extra Large Bold Italic
- New York Extra Large Semibold Italic
- New York Extra Large Black
- New York Extra Large Heavy
- New York Extra Large Black Italic
- New York Extra Large Heavy Italic
- New York Large Regular
- New York Medium Regular
- New York Small Regular
- New York Large Regular Italic
- New York Medium Regular Italic
- New York Small Regular Italic
- New York Large Medium
- New York Medium Medium
- New York Small Medium
- New York Large Medium Italic
- New York Medium Medium Italic
- New York Small Medium Italic
- New York Large Bold
- New York Large Semibold
- New York Medium Bold
- New York Medium Semibold Italic
- New York Medium Semibold Italic font
- New York Small Black
- New York Small Heavy
- New York Large Black Italic
- New York Large Heavy Italic
- New York Medium Black Italic
- New York Medium Heavy Italic
- New York Small Black Italic
- New York Small Heavy Italic
- Cygnet Regular
- Fox Regular
- Belleza Regular
- Dualis Lite
- Opulent Regular
- Passion Sans
For commercial use of this font you must obtain the license by purchasing. However, you can use it free for personal projects.
You can download the font below for your personal projects.
Bosnian Bulgerian, English, Macedonian, Russian, Serbian
Ans: Yes, you can safely download The New York font on your PC and MAC.
Ans: It can be used effectively on animation projects. Also, on banner and logo.
Ans: This font can be used on any online platform with commercial license.
Ans: Yes, for personal purpose using this font is free. However, for commercial usage you’ve to purchase the font.
Ans: To use the font as a web font, you must purchase it from the original license holder.
Ans: As a free alternative, you could use “Atiba.”