Created by the British branch of the Monotype Corporation, the Bembo font is a serif typeface and a member of the old-style serif. This font was designed in 1928–1929 and is most commonly used for body text. The Bembo design was named after notable the Venetian poet, Cardinal, and literary theorist of the 16th century Pietro Bembo. The typeface was originally used to publish Pietro Bembo’s book “De Aetna”.
This serif typeface was originally cut by Francesco Griffo in 1495 and revived by Stanley Morison in 1929. Monotype also created a second, much more eccentric italic for the design of calligrapher Alfred Fairbank, which also did not receive the same attention as the normal version of Bembo. For its 10 styles and 632 glyphs, Bembo is now one of the most famous typefaces. Centaur, Cardo, ITC Legacy Serif, and many more fonts are mostly similar to Bembo font. This is a freeware font. Free download is available on our website. To download free, scroll down to our download font section.
Bembo font can be used across a huge range of programs including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator Microsoft Word, and many more.
- Designing: For huge designing purposes, Such as Business cards, Headlines, and Brochure layouts, Bembo is at the top of everyone’s favorite list.
- Logos: You can design your logos with it.
- Websites: I have seen various websites use this font.
- Magazines: The font has the outlook to place on top of magazines.
- Official Documents: Bembo is ideal for official documents or printing purposes.
Bembo Font Generator
Experience Bembo’s beautiful typography with our Bembo font generator. This tool allows you to check how your text would display in the font and download the ones you prefer. You can also obtain a PNG preview of the picked font for easy access.